Winter has a silver lining--the added value of a warm, soft-like-cashmere scarf. I think “women of a certain age” have known it for awhile--but one has to mature enough to catch the nuance. Which really means--when skin begins to sag, hide it!
In lieu of a facelift I deliberately camouflage with a snaZZy scarf. Yet another justification for my scarf collection!
- Rub what hurts before you get up and go.
- Warm up literally--in the shower or with gentle movements--such as pumping your legs back and forth or making circles with yout ankles, etc.
- Avoid over-stretching until you have moved around a bit
- Use heat patches from the drug store--or some old fashioned Tiger Balm to warm up joints and tight muscles
- Relaxing soak in an epsom salts bath before bed-time
- Yoga and muscle relaxation to soothe my mind
- T.V.--oft times boring enough to put me to sleep
- Relaxing herbal tea: camomile; all mints but peppermint--which is a stimulant;
- Hot toddy--just 1 : little whisly, little honey, and lemon in hot water
- Tell my body that I’m “letting go” and build a habit of progressive relaxation as I talk myself up from toe-to-head (or vise versa)
- Quit worrying about it and "get up", taking a nap later to revamp, even having coffee as if I'm starting the day anew