How do you know when you’ve been “islandized” (island-eyes-ed)?
1. You drive at least 10 miles under the speed limit.
2. You don’t care what time it is.
3. You feel naked without flowers in your hair.
4. You stop for donkeys, wild turkeys, and feral goats crossing the road.
5. You find yourself saying, “Is that another waterfall under that rainbow?
6. You start wondering if you should take up the ukulele and begin to want to mix it in with your rock and roll!
It’s been quite an adventure…
What to give back?
What makes Hawaiian clothes special? Colors, comfort and fabric design. (Our very own Rebekah Powers once designed Aloha fabrics forTori Richards, one of Hawaii’s most prominent shirt makers.) Mu Mus can be habit forming and are encouraged as business wear as are Aloha shirts on “Aloha Friday” each week.
Living 1/2 way up Mauna Kea (the world’s tallest mountain when measured from the ocean floor) is surprisingly moderate with a bit of a chill at times. But if i wait a little while as the sun lifts the cloud cover, i feel the kiss of the sun on my skin and the thaw from this past difficult and arduous Winter..